Форум Trainsim  

Вернуться   Форум Trainsim > Наш клуб > For English-speaking visitors

Опции темы Опции просмотра
Старый 19.07.2017, 00:42   #1
PerryPlatypus
Новичок

Вы сказали Спасибо: 0
Поблагодарили 1 раз в 1 сообщении
PerryPlatypus стоит на развилке (репутация по умолчанию)
По умолчанию Dialogue Between US and Russian MSTS Users

Hello! I do not know how good the English speakers on here are, so I will try to avoid complicated words.

I am from the United States and have been working on different mountain routes in the northwest part of my country. I wanted to ask some questions about the Russian route and scenery object creators.

Many of us in the United States have been amazed at the high quality of Russian content, like the high detail in locomotives and the packages of realistic trees and bushes available from this website.

One thing I have noticed is that there are very few "real" Russian routes. Most are completely fictional or are "half-real". I would like to know what the reason is for this? Is this intentional, or is it because route builders from Russia can not get the terrain data or the maps necessary to accurately make real-life routes?

In the U.S. many route builders use a program called DEMEX which automatically creates realistic terrain, shaping the hills, mountains, and valleys according to their real-life size and position. I wonder if Russian route makers would benefit from this program? Are you guys aware of this program? Or do you not know how to use it?

The point of my post is I would like to offer my help to any Russian route makers who have trouble using any American-made computer programs that help with making routes. I have looked at "Google Earth" a lot to observe different real-life Russian railroads, and the most incredible one I have found is on the old Baikal-Amur railroad where it passes through the Severomuysky Mountains (forgive my spelling). I wonder if any Russian route builders have looked at this area, or if there is just not enough information about that remote area to easily make a route!

I hope all of my questions make sense, and that we can open up more of a conversation between the United States and Russian route builders.
PerryPlatypus вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Этот пользователь сказал Спасибо PerryPlatypus за это полезное сообщение: